Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My first step out

I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints almost my whole life (My family was converted when I was an infant). I served a mission. I went to BYU. I married in the temple. Now 34 years later, for the first time in my (memorable) life I find myself outside looking in. This is meant to be a collection of my thoughts, feelings, experiences and trials with the church and with religion in general. It is not meant to be a diary of bitterness or negativity, but one of honesty and sincerity. Although I do not believe in the church anymore, I still love many things about it. I will continue to post about these issues as I become ready, discussing my reasons for leaving, what I still find positive in the church, and many doctrinal and philisophical differences I have with the church. Thank you for reading.

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Lady D said...

Not sure if this is too personal to ask...but when did you make the decision to leave the church? Are you having your name removed from the church records? Or are you just not going to go anymore?
Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. BTW-Can you believe that I haven't seen you or your wife in nine years at least. I graduated from BYU in 1997.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Rob said...

It is hard to say when I made the decision. I have made it a couple of times only to end up promising people that I would try again. The final (or at least most recent try) was last Sunday. But I will write about that eventually as well. I haven't decided about having my name removed from church records, not sure why, that will just be another issue I will have to tackle. Thanks for reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degrees